WELCOME TO THE EXPLORER PASS BOOKING PAGE!
Our captain and crew look forward to sailing with you!
Our historic sailing vessels have a limited capacity. If you would like to make an advance reservation with your Explorer Pass we require a credit card to hold your space. Your card will only be charged if you do not show up for your confirmed sail time with a valid Explorer Pass.
Please note: Children under 2 years sail for free but MUST BE ACCOUNTED FOR! Once you’ve completed your booking, please reach out via email to [email protected] to add a ticket for your infant – otherwise we will not be able to accommodate your full party.
- Advance Reservations
During peak season our sails do book up fast! We strongly recommend that you make your reservations as soon as you receive your passes to ensure that you can book into your preferred sailing departure.
- Walk -Up Reservations
We will accept passes dockside if there are available seats left on a departure. Please arrive 30 minutes in advance of your chosen sail time if you do not have a reservation. We cannot guarantee that seats will be available for walk-up customers.
- Specialty Sail Upgrades
Manhattan by Sail offers the ability to upgrade to certain specialty sails with your Explorer Pass. Receive 50% off any of our specialty sails with a valid Explorer Pass. No show policy applies.
- Advance Reservations
- Choose the sailing experience you would like to book from the buttons below! You’ll then be prompted to pick your preferred date and time.
- Select the number of guests in your party from the dropdown menu.
- When you’ve selected the number of tickets you need, you will be asked to enter each pass number into the appropriate fields. Your pass will NOT be activated at this time.
- Be sure to carefully read and acknowledge our terms and conditions. They will also be reiterated in your confirmation email for your convenience.
- You need to enter credit card information to hold your reservation. Your card will not be charged upon booking. However, all pass bookings are held unpaid until you arrive on-site and on time for your departure where our Customer Care Team will scan your passes.
- You MUST agree to our Pass Terms & Conditions in order to complete your reservation: If we cannot collect a valid scan of your passes for payment when you arrive for your sail (if you present expired passes, if you cannot present your pass entirely, or if you do not show up for your departure) your credit card will be charged for the full price amount of the sail. Should you experience an emergency prior to your sail please contact us a minimum of 2 hours before sail time to reschedule your sailing.
- Enter your personal details – and confirm your sail with us!
- You’ll receive your confirmation email within minutes of completing your booking.
- THE CLIPPER CITY AND SHEARWATER LEAVE FROM DIFFERENT LOCATIONS. PLEASE ENSURE YOU HEAD TO THE CORRECT DOCKING LOCATION.
If you have any questions that haven’t been answered above, please email [email protected] and we’ll help however we can! (Please note that we cannot complete pass reservations via email or phone. All pass bookings must go through our website.)
↓ CHOOSE YOUR SAIL BELOW ↓ TO BOOK ONLINE USING YOUR EXPLORER PASS
Passes are a retail offer only and cannot be applied to group reservations. If you’d like to book for your group of 10 or more people, please purchase tickets through our group sales department at [email protected]
*If you make a booking error or fail to follow the instructions provided above, we will not provide a refund.
TERMS FOR USING YOUR EXPLORER PASS
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Pass entitles you to a free or discounted sailing IF you CHECK IN at least 15 minutes prior to your confirmed departure time WITH A VALID PASS.
DUE TO LIMITED CAPACITY, your booking takes the spot of another paying customer (think of it like a theater or sporting event ticket). Manhattan By Sail (”MBS”), WILL NOT RECEIVE PAYMENT from the pass company if you do not present a valid pass at the time of departure. This is how the pass works.
MBS will place a hold on your card (similar to a hotel or rental car reservation) for the LISTED RETAIL PRICE. This held amount will be charged IF — FOR ANY REASON — you do not show up with a VALID PASS at the date and time of departure that is specified in your confirmation email from MBS. IF your card is INVALID or is REJECTED when MBS attempts to place the manual hold on the card provided by you, MBS will cancel your booking and notify you with a cancellation email. No further communication will be forthcoming from MBS.
Bookings with a pass CANNOT BE CANCELLED. They can be rescheduled free of charge up to one week prior to departure date. They can be rescheduled with a fee up to 72 hours prior to your departure time. Once within the 72 hour window, no changes can be made to your booking. Please understand that IF you do not SHOW UP or your PASS is INVALID at the time of departure, MBS will not receive payment from the pass company and the card you provided will be charged the FULL, non-discounted, RETAIL PRICE.
Please DO NOT book if this is not acceptable to you. If you still decide to risk being charged, we welcome you to reserve in advance and are excited to deliver you an awesome experience! 🤗
Clipper City Sails